Thursday, February 21, 2008

How about some outrage from the leaders of the wonderful. peaceful and tolerant religion of Islam!

I have said this before, and I will say it again. I will never be convinced the Islamic religion is a faith of peace and tolerance until the leaders of the religion actually condemn outrageous and violent acts committed in the name of their religion. Even then, some type of action needs to be taken, but it isn’t going to happen. They are busy spreading their ideology and being outraged by anyone who doesn’t accept their religion.

A few days ago I wrote about two young women sentenced to death by stoning in Iran for allegedly committing adultery. They have both received 99 lashes so far leading up to their execution. I still have not heard anything from the Muslim leadership condemning this.

Now we have a story, also from Iran, about a man who has stoned his own fourteen-year-old daughter to death for allegedly having a relationship with a man.The father showed no sign of remorse, telling police interrogators: “I suspected that my daughter had a relationship with a man, and I had to stone her to death as she had besmirched my honor.”

He suspected it!!! This man killed his own daughter on a suspicion. Isn’t the Muslim world fantastic?

I will continue to wait for some outrage from Muslim leaders. Perhaps the Council of Arab Islamic Relations (CAIR) would like to comment???

I won’t hold my breath though.

No comments: