Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Random Thoughts From Last Nights DNC

*Michelle Obama did an outstanding job last night, husband by satellite, children helping out, well done and well orchestrated by the Obama campaign.

*Teddy Kennedy also did an excellent job. It was good to see him able to make it.

*I know unity was the theme, but unity alone is not going to energize the base of the Democratic Party. Where were the campaign messages? I know this whole convention is hoopla and orchestrated, but even James Carville was asking the same thing in disgust on CNN. He was not pleased.

*Last night there was some talk from Michelle Obama about hope for the future, and how she wanted an America were people could achieve their dreams. I agree, but she forgot to add with the help of government. I want the government to get the hell out of the way of my dreams!

*Then we had Caroline Kennedy give a speech about what America has given us, in terms of government of course. I would rather think of what Americans have worked for and earned for themselves, but that is why I am conservative, and they are liberal.

*So, I flipped back and fourth between Fox news and CNN while watching this convention last night. I got to see Fox take it to the street and interview some of these young Obama supporters some questions.

No one could name any Obama accomplishments, and when asked why they support him: Well, he’s young, he has a nice voice, he’s handsome and he is a good performer. There you go folks, these kids are going to vote. Scary stuff isn’t it!

The Fox Reporter was quick to point out that the only vote many of these kids have ever casted was for American Idol.

*Not at one time, during the whole night did I here the words National Security.
*Final note, the DNC convention was dull and boring. It is going to have to get a lot better than this or Obama is finished.

No comments: