Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Calling all disgruntled conservatives to show up and vote in November, not necessarily for McCain.

If a conservative is still a republican after the last 13 years, then he is blind to the fact that the party no longer holds or cares about his views. With that said let me ask a few questions. Are you a disgruntled conservative upset with the Republican Party? I am. Did you sit on your hands and not vote in the mid-term election in 2006? I did. Are you thinking about not voting again? I was…

There really isn't one candidate worth my vote. They are all trying to give me something I don't want...Security. I don't want security. I want freedom, the freedom to succeed or fail on my own accord. I am responsible for my own well being, my own healthcare, and my own security. I do not need the great provider of government or anyone to empower themselves over me by making me dependant on you for things that are my own individual responsibility.

No one will take care of you better than you, not Hillary, not Obama, not McCain, not Huckabee, no one. Open your eyes and realize these politicians and all their free social programs are not for you or to help you because they care. They care about one thing – power, and they use free handouts and social programs to gain power and control over you.

Unfortunately this seems to be a hard concept to grasp. Especially with younger Americans who have been indoctrinated to believe they are entitled to things. There use to be a time in this country when even liberals believed Americans had some kind of responsibility. John F. Kennedy once proclaimed, “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.” Now people are demanding “what can my country do for me while I do nothing for my country!”

Give me health care, prescription drugs. Make them raise my salary or give me lifetime job security. Pay my heating bill. Make oil companies lower the price of gas. Give me a retirement.

Politicians love this new mindset and are more than eager to grab the power to accommodate your needs and wants.

Just listen to these presidential candidates. They never talk about freedom or self-reliance. They only talk about what they will do for you if you give them the power to get it done.

We say it is the “land of the free and home of the brave.” Sure, there are a few left, but more and more we are becoming the “land of the secure and the home of the dependent.” We are turning the United States into an assisted welfare living center!

This nation is in serious trouble folks! It is like a big house infested with termites. The termites spread and grow feeding off the wood holding the house together. Eventually, the house will collapse. Who are the termites in America ? The government dependent; the working taxpayers are the wood holding it together. The politicians set the conditions to allow the termites to grow and spread.

It is really sad…in fact the only candidate that is willing to talk about freedom and independence and is not pandering to the give me crowd is Ron Paul. It is unfortunate that he just doesn’t recognize the threat imposed by Islamic terrorist, or he would be my candidate.

Like many conservatives, I sat out and did not vote in the mid-term elections last November in hopes to send a message to the Republican Party that they needed to return to their founding principles of Buckley, Goldwater and Reagan.

I now regret my decision and hope other conservatives do as well, for our message fell on deaf ears. Instead of staying home, conservatives should have voted for the Libertarian Party candidate on their ballot. This would have sent a message that couldn’t be ignored.

By not voting at all we removed ourselves from the game, and the Republican Party shifted farther to the middle to compensate for lost voters.

You could say conservatives have no one to blame but themselves for John McCain emerging to the front. It doesn’t mean we conservatives should vote for him, but we definitely cannot afford to stay home again and let our message go unheard.

Instead disgruntled conservatives like myself should show up to the polls in force and cast their ballots for the libertarian candidate for president. He won’t win, but the increase in votes for the libertarian candidate will make republicans take notice that there is enough conservative votes in the base for them to win elections. At the same time cast your vote for republican candidates in the Senate and House so liberals will not take control of the White House, Senate, and House, a situation that cannot be allowed to happen.

No comments: